Wednesday, July 8, 2009

So.....I have a job.

Like a real one. With salary and benefits and a 401 K. OH MY!

Yes, I'll be joining the 9-5 club, sitting behind a desk, being an administrative assistant doing administrative assistant-y things. Currently I'm concentrating on not getting the entire office sick as I have the world's worst cold. What the f*ck, immune system. I know I like to stay up really late watching movies and eating crappy food but does that mean you have to abandon me in my times of need? Would you hate me less if I ate a strict vegan diet and did yoga every day?

So yeah, thats my big news. I thought it blog-worthy. I have a grown-up job. I know some of you are probably thinking "It's about DAMN time!"

But I know there are some others among you that might be thinking...."But wait a minute, Chelsea. Aren't you like....creative and stuff? How will sitting behind a desk 24/7 allow you to pursue your dreams? DON'T GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMSSSSS!!!!"

Well, first of all, I won't be sitting at this desk 24/7. I only work 8 hours a day which leaves me another 16 hours to fit in sleeping, crappy television, and pursuit of dreams.

Honestly....I've never felt so creative as I do right this second. Well, not RIGHT this second. Right this second I'm fairly certain I'm high off a combination of cold meds. What I mean to say is....yes, I have an adult job that has nothing to do with what I studied in college, or what my creative goals are. However, knowing that I have this job has provided me with a sense of security. I feel..stable. And this stability allows me to put more hard work and time into my creative endeavors.

Par example (that's French, we can thank my fancy comp lit degree for that one!), I have been on a wicked screenwriting streak. I'm writing horror movies! I don't know if they're good or not. But I plan to make them. And star in them. And promote the H-E-Double hockey sticks out of them. Many of you know of my strong affection for the genre. I'm particularly interested in the role of women in horror. Specifically, I'm interested in there being more FEMALE horror directors and screenwriters. It's still a big boy's club, and I think that needs to stop. So...I'm-a gonna enter a little film festival that promotes this very cause. The deadline is December 31st so I gots to get cracking. I can't share my ideas here, because they're too good and I'm afraid they'll be stolen. I'm still convinced that "Underworld" was completely lifted from my cousin Ronnie and me. Seriously, we planned out that whole movie a couple of years before it came out. And ours wouldn't have sucked.

In other news, I saw Twelfth Night twice. Girlcrush on Anne Hathaway CONFIRMED. Overall, just a great production. And really, if there's anything better than good outdoor theatre on a beautiful summer evening- I haven't found it yet.

Okay, I'm off to write some more sick and disturbing short screenplays.

3 comments:

Jan said...

boo! it's jan!

April said...

H-E- Double Hockey Sticks is my favorite movie.

Good luck! There are not enough kick ass women in the movies!

RandomCity said...
This comment has been removed by the author.